Software Development Contract
What is a Software Development Contract ?
A Software Development Contract is used when one wants to hire a person or entity to provide software development work. The person so hired is an independent contractor and must have his own ABN and provide similar services to other persons.
A software development contract can be used for any kind of software development work, including Mobile App Development.
Who Should Buy a Software Development Contract ?
Following are the situations when you need to have a software development contract :
1. If you are a software developer and an independent contractor and you provide any kind of software development services; or
2. If you are a customer and you want to hire a software developer in the capacity of an independent contractor and not as an employee, and you want to ensure that you are legally protected when hiring such a software developer.
Prior to using the template, we require you to insert a few details into the template. Therefore, we have provided you with specific instructions within the template, to help you understand and insert the details.
It will only take about 30 minutes to insert the details.
Clauses in our Software Development Contract
Following are the clauses within the Software Development Contract :
1. Definitions & Interpretation
2. Provision of Services
5. Training, Maintenance & Support
6. Nature of Relationship
10.Change in Specifications
11. Non-Exclusive Relationship
12. Intellectual Property Rights
14. Representations & Warranties
19. Post-Termination Procedure
20. Time is of Essence
21. Force Majeure
22. Restraint of Services
Schedule - Contract Specifications